1. Welcome to the CODForum!

The Call of Duty Forum is your best destination for Call of Duty news. Register today to unlock all the benefits of our community!

Polygon's interview with Sledgehammer reveals new details

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' started by WhoIsDo, Jun 15, 2014.

1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Administrator

Came across an interview that Polygon did with Sledgehammer Games, and they've given us a few new details that I don't remember seeing before. Here's everything that I gathered:
    • We'll play as Jack Mitchell, and the story spans a 10 year period. We'll experience his career from a recruit level to a veteran.
    • Two & a half years working on the dialogue, story & script
    • No official name for the spider/walking tank in the trailer. Schofield joked that they just call it the "walking tank" for now.
    • Everything they've found in the game is grounded in reality or it's something they've seen. They've even stated that they saw the "walking tank" in action in real-life.
    • Exo-suits are the "heart & soul" of Advanced Warfare. Also mentions a dodge/air-dash functionality.
    • Player mechanics have been completely redefined
    • Exo-suits & boost jump were prototyped within 6 weeks of their development.
    • After completing a campaign level, you'll be able to upgrade your exo-suit. You'll need to play through the campaign more than once to get your suit upgraded. Mentions speed, mobility, agility, reload, etc as different options.
    • Player customization will be available in multiplayer. Discussed "broad & new rewards", gender & race seem to be customized options.
    • Very important female character featured in the Advanced Warfare campaign
    • "When you play it, can't wait for you to do it, it'll feel like multiplayer.. but it'll be the most radically innovative new way to play Call of Duty multiplayer that you have seen in a long time."

• Like Like x 2
  2. Grim

Grim Prestige

Such an amazing batch of information. I'm so excited for all of the customization options for the game!